Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pronunciation Guide for Beacon

A few folks have requested that I give phonectic spellings for a few of the names in Beacon. I must admit that I've heard a variety of pronunciation of the names as more and more people I know read the book. There has been enough requests for this now from both folks that I know and folks that I don't know that I feel compelled to provided a crude pronunciation guide.
I didn't use any phonectic symbols in this guide except for a few vowel markings. Instead I tried to use letter combinations to illustrate vowel sounds. Bold syllables are the primary emphasis syllable.

Pronunciation Guide for A Beacon of Hope

Characters with Speaking Parts
Jahnu          Jahn-oo
Odanoi        O-dăn-oy
Phrunoi       Froon-oy
Agap            Uh-gahp
Agapoi         Uh-gahp-oy
Agapu          Uh-gahp-oo
Holon           Hall-ōn
Holu             Hall-oo
Yotux            -tŭx
Axopen        Ags-ō-pěn
Supeb         Soo-pěb
Kowtsom    Kōt-sum
Phunex       Foo-něx
Opsil           Ŏp-seel
Eutay           Oo-tay
Ketesku      Kě-těs-koo
Temeos      Tĭm-ē-ōs
Tryllos         Trē-yōs
Abin             Ah-bĭn
Nenavis      Nĭn-uh-vĭs
Neaotomo  Nee-ō-tō-mō
Laysa          Lay-sah
Degmer      Děg-mėr
Beltram       Bell-trŭm

Countries
Cirri                   Sear-ee
Calisla              Cah-lees-lah
Jontu Etirraze  Han-too E-tir-ah-zee
Doetora            Doh-ay-tor-uh
Dricho               Dree-koh
O'ONaso          Ō--ō-nah-sō
Minnunglindor Mĭn-ung-leen-door
Cargagru          Car-gah-grew
Nurd                   Nerd
Schwinn            Shwĭn

Other Words
Grasso      Grah-sō
Thaoi          Thah-oy
Manku        Man-koo
Anark          Ann-ark
Zaria           Zuh-ree-uh

No comments:

Post a Comment