Sunday, October 31, 2010

Inspiration is the Key

I have been encouraged by the kind comments that continue to come my way concerning The Sixth World of Men series. By I am astounded at how many different opinions have been giving about what they liked about the series.
    Some people tell me that they like the humorous parts of the series. They say that the mild humor is refreshing and stays out of the way of the plot.
    Others tell me that they like the romantic plots in the series. One person said that the romance in this series is the way all romances should be. I'm not sure exactly what was meant by that comment, but I think it was a complement.
    Some people tell me that they enjoy the intrigue, mystery and suspense in the series. I suppose that it wouldn't be a good fantasy without those things, so I appreciate those comments greatly.
    Other folks tell me that it the descriptions of technology that really set this series apart. I did work hard on researching a bevy of "possible" technologies, so I am glad that my time spent in research was worthwhile.
    The variety of characters is sited by some as the thing that keeps the series so interesting. Some have even gone so far as saying that they can see themselves in a particular character. I, of course, tell them that it wasn't intentional, but I am glad that people see the characters as being real and believable.
    But the comment the thrills me the most is when people tell me that a scene or a character inspired them. The greatest goal I have is to inspire my readers. Inspiration is my main purpose in writing. It is my dream that everyone who reads the series will find inspiration somewhere.
    Thank you to all those who have put up with my post-reading interviews to let me gain their insights. They have been most valuable and, might I say, they have been an inspiration to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment